- Supports the AP
serial command protocol.
- Pulse guiding - This corrects for drift
due to mispolar alignment and refraction.
Pulse guiding is an idea originally suggested by Roland Christen
(founder of Astro-Physics) and implemented in this application.
It works by sending precisely timed serial commands that make the
mount move faster in RA and/or Dec for a short period (hence “pulses”).
axis tests that you can use to check the health of your mount’s declination
one button Unpark, automatically setting
the time, time zone, longitude, and latitude without ever needing to plug
in the hand controller. PulseGuide
will even detect that your mount is not initialized and ask to initialize
- Unpark from one of the AP park positions
or your own Alt/Az
- One-button Park feature allows
you to park the mount at its current position, one of the AP park positions,
or a user-defined Alt/Az.
to move the scope conveniently.
status bar that shows the scope’s position
in RA/Dec (or Alt/Az), the side of mount that the scope is on, Local Sidereal
time, and Object Hour Angle.
- Set the tracking rate (sidereal, lunar, solar,
- Delayed stop or park of the mount
so the scope will not hit the pier if you fall asleep or forget to shut
down the scope.
- PEM (On/Off, record with timer).
mount to PC Time and set Time Zone.
- Set a Meridian delay so the mount will
not flip on a GOTO command.
- GOTO/Sync to RA/DEC coordinates. STOP
button to stop a GOTO, if desired.
- TPoint resynchronization. This is a useful
tool if you are using Software Bisque’s TheSky with a TPoint model and
lose synchronization because you moved the scope by hand.
- Focus control including a counter to keep track
- Reticle brightness control.
- Set mount backlash.